Reminder: Monday, January 23rd is a Minimum Day
Dismissal at 11:47am
12601 Alcosta Blvd. San Ramon, CA 94583
Tel: (925) 790-2500
Fax: (925) 824-2830
Attendance: (925) 790-2599
Counseling/Enrollment (925) 790-2580
To post a message on the Iron Horse marquee for a student's birthday, please click here and return the form to the office.
The library and computer lab are now open after school from 2:50-3:50 on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday!
Coffee with the Superintendent
Come meet San Ramon Valley Unified School District’s new Superintendent Rick Schmitt at our “Coffee with the Superintendent” on January 26, 2017 at 10:30am in the Library.
At this coffee, the Superintendent will share a little about his priorities, the District’s “Framework for Excellence” and his philosophy. What Mr. Schmitt most appreciates is hearing from parents and one of his priorities is two-way communication. He always walks away from these meetings having learned new, interesting and important information. The Superintendent will be meeting with every school parent community this fall. If you can’t make this event, check out Www.srvusd.net/coffeeswithsupt for details of other meetings. If you have questions, please email his Executive Assistant Cindy Fischer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IHMS UPCOMING EVENTS
January 23 Minimum Day - Dismissal at 11:47am
January 24 CJSF Meeting 2:50-3:20 in the Library
January 26 COFFEE WITH THE SUPERINTENDENT
PTA Meeting at 10:30am in the Library
GSA Meeting 3-4:00 in Room 102
February 2 Minimum Day-Dismissal at 11:47
February 10 Spelling Bee
How to Access your Child's Grades
Accessing your child’s grades:
Please use either Fire Fox or Google Chrome as your browser when setting up this account.
Please note that semester grades are the only grade that gets posted to transcript
Forgot your password?
1. Click on the Forgot your password link on the Campus login screen. Enter your Campus username. An email will be sent to your recovery email address.
2. Click the unique hyperlink contained within the email. You will be directed to a new screen where you can enter a new password for your account.
3. Enter your new password and save. You can now log into Campus using your existing Campus username and the new password.
1. Click on the Forgot username link on the Campus login screen.
2. Input your Recovery email address in the field. Click Continue. An email will be sent to that email address with you username information. Use the link in the email to log into the portal.
If you are still having issues logging in or don't remember what your recovery email is please contact email@example.com for help. Please include your name and the issue are you having.
2016-17 Minimum Days
We have added two minimum days for the 2016-17 school year for the purposes of Staff Development. On Thursday, November 3, and Thursday, February 2, school will dismiss at 11:47 am. To help our parent community, these days were chosen so that it matches with elementary schools (in the Cal High feeder area) already existing minimum days.
Here is a list of minimum days for the school year ahead.:
Jan 23 – Work Day
Feb 2 – Staff Development (newly added)
Feb 13-14 – Spring Conferences
March 6 – Work Day
March 7 – Spring Conference
June 1 – Last day of school
Traffic Drop-Off & Pick-Up
Safety of our students, staff, and parents is our number one priority during morning drop-off and afternoon pick-ups. As you prepare for drop-off and pick-ups, please consider the following alternatives to utilizing our front parking lot which can become very busy:
If you must use the front parking lot, please follow the directions of staff members, be courteous to other drivers, and stay off your cell phones. Safety comes first!
Watch our PARKING LOT video!
For more information on drop-off/pick-ups, please view this flyer.
Carpool Incentive Program
On behalf of the school community, thank you for making it a priority to leave a little earlier and exercise safe driving habits! I continue to encourage our families to participate in carpools to help alleviate traffic during drop-off and pick-up times. This is a great practice anytime! As an incentive, we are raffling off $25 Starbuck's gift cards on a monthly basis. To be entered, please register as a carpool participant using the linked Google Form below.
NEW STUDENT Enrollment
1. To enroll, log-on to the district website and complete the on-line application (http://www.srvusd.net/enrollyourchild)
2. After completing the on-line application, please make an appointment with Iron Horse and bring your required documents to your scheduled appointment. Click here to schedule you appointment: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4caba62fa7fd0-newstudent
Paperwork required at your scheduled appointment:
1. Print out of your on-line application/summary
2. Students original birth certificate OR passport
3. Students immunization records from a physician
4. Parent / guardians original & current picture ID (Driver’s license, CA issued ID, passport, military ID)
5. Original mortgage statement, escrow closing papers indicating sale has already closed, grant deed, property tax bill OR lease/rental agreement which states the property address, names of occupants living in San Ramon (students name must appear) and signed by both parties (no copies accepted)
6. AND a current PG&E or water bill with name and address listed (within 45 days for new home purchases/rentals) unless you just moved in. In this case it will be requested at a later date.
** If you have a current 5th grade enrolled in one of our feeder schools (Bollinger Canyon, Golden View, Montevideo, Twin Creeks or part of Walt Disney Elementary) you do not need to enroll. Your student will automatically roll into our enrollment for the 2016-17 school year. If you are from Walt Disney and are not sure if your residential school is Pine Valley or Iron Horse, log-on to the district website and click on “School Locator”. After entering your residential address it will list the school your child will attend.
Click here to learn more about Success Tutorial
Imagineering Day - January 28th
San Ramon Valley Ed Fund is sponsoring Imagineering Day at California High School on Saturday, January 28th from 9:00am-1:00pm, cost is $40 per person. It's going to be an amazing day. Families may attend the Nintendo keynote address and students are invited to the break-out sessions on topics like app development, kitchen chemistry, autonomous driver technology, scratch, 3D printing, DNA and genetics and more!
For more information please visit:
Updated Attendance Policy
Please read the following District flyer regarding end and beginning of school year absences.
Search our Library
IHMS Weekly Student Bulletin
Whats Up IHMS-Parent Newsletter
Attention 8th Grade Families
Congratulate your 8th grader and express your pride and love with an ad in the 2017 yearbook!
By poplar demand we are extending the deadline!
So get your ads in today, its not too late!
school code: 16215
Step by Step directions are attached!
The Yearbook Staff
Class Supply Lists
Parent Patrol Sign-ups
Parents....Interested in helping out during your students lunch? Sign up for Iron Horse's Parent Patrol HERE now!
A California Department of Education Gold Ribbon School
Follow IHMS on Twitter